Bootleg Stripped 7075 Forged AR15 Upper Receiver by Primary Weapons
The Bootleg upper receiver is machined from 7075 aluminum and mil spec hard anodized. It features a lightweight design and upgraded features to start your build off right in a stylish "billet type" design but stronger Forged material. Optional include standard AR-15 dust cover or Strike Industries Capsule cover (pictured). Most operators agree that forward assists are unnecessary and merely create an additional snag point. This has been removed for improved ergonomics and reduced weight.
- Machined from Forged 7075 Aluminum, stronger and lighter than Billet
- Mil Spec Hard Anodizing
- Forward assist eliminated for weight saving and reduced snag risk
- Lightweight design 6.2 oz stripped (.8 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver)
- 1.7 oz lighter than a mil spec upper receiver with assist hardware installed
- Captured dust cover door pin eliminating the need for the E clip
- Increased barrel mounting circumference maintaining a solid barrel / receiver interface
- Interference fit barrel extension interface for increased accuracy
- Due to the additional material Old PWS, Odin works and Geissele handguards will not work with the additional material on the barrel extension interface.
J. B. – October 26, 2016: 5 out of 5
Great new design and style. Mounts barrels solidly and I have several match barrels installed on these receivers that shoot under a 1/2″ groups at 100 yards consistently!! I wish I could add some pics to this review!!
K. H. – November 3, 2016: 5 out of 5
The fit and finish on this upper is second to none. It mates up tight to both my PWS lowers and an old RRA lower I have lying around. It’s noticeably lighter than some other uppers I have used on builds in the past. Personally, I like the lack of a forward assist. I used this upper on a 10.5 build and couldn’t be happier with it.
E. A. – November 3, 2016: 5 out of 5
I’ve never had to use my forward assist, and it tends to get in the way of my ambi-charging handles. My Bootleg bolt carrier does not have the teeth for the forward assist anyway. The dust cover pin is captured at the rear, so you don’t have to fumble with a c-clip. The barrel extension mounting area is max spec and a tighter fit than my Aero Precision upper. I needed a few taps of the barrel with a dead blow hammer to get it seated. The finish is impeccable inside and out, with no tooling marks anywhere to be found.