Diamondhead Premium DIAMOND Flip-Up Rear Combat Sight SOG AR15
Diamondhead’s Premium DIAMOND Flip-Up Rear Sight’s revolutionary design incorporates the original and proprietary Diamond-Shaped Apertures™ (Pat. & Pat. Pend.) - allowing the eye to place the front sight post in the exact center of the rear aperture… faster and with greater precision. DIAMOND Head AR 15 sights have a very low folded height of 0.435” and is compatible with all Mil. Std. M1913 Picatinny rail systems.
- Proprietary (Pat. & Pat. Pend.) Diamond-Shaped apertures for faster target acquisition & centering
- Proprietary (Pat. & Pat. Pend.) reference posts and horizon bars
- Dual same plane short and long range apertures (at exact same height of factory A2 sights)
- Fully deploys and stows with small or large aperture active
- Secure and accurate 0.5 MOA windage adjustment
- Flips up quickly for rapid deployment
- Folds down with the push of a button
- Locking system ensures sight stays up securely and remains zeroed in combat situations
- Easy installation with proprietary clamping system, providing secure attachment to all Mil. Std 1913 Picatinny Rails
- Diamondhead® PREMIUM Flip-Up Front & Rear DIAMOND, Auto-Ranger™ and HYBRID sights are designed to work together to create the (Pat. Pend.) Diamondhead® Integrated Sighting System™
- Mil. Spec. stainless steel and Type 111 black anodized 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum construction
- Combat Durable
WHY IS THE DIAMONDHEAD™ REAR SIGHT FASTER AND MORE ACCURATE?
During high speed, high stress shooting, your eye needs reference points. The Diamondhead™ provides them. The conventional round aperture makes shooting at longer distances difficult and inaccurate. Remember, rear sights are blurry during aiming. The simple fact is that it is easier for your eye to find the exact center of a blurry diamond than the exact center of a blurry circle. It is even easier and quicker for the eye to find the exact center of a Diamondhead™ rear sight’s aperture with the added posts at the corner of the diamond. These proprietary reference posts are unique to the Diamondhead™ sight and are not found on any other iron sight. The other main reason the Diamondhead™ (Pat.) diamond shaped aperture is better than a conventional round aperture is because round apertures don’t give you a truly ROUND picture of the front sight and target. The front sight tower of your rifle obscures the bottom portion of the conventional rear sight round aperture. This causes the the bottom part of the round aperture to be flattened – not round. The result is that it is hard for your eye to quickly make an accurate decision about how high up in this flattened circle is the exact center. Take a look at your own sights and you’ll see. The 3:00 o’clock and 9:00 o’clock corners of the Diamondhead™ aperture combined with the added accuracy of the reference posts, completely eliminate this problem. When used in combination with the Diamondhead Premium Flip-Up Front Combat Sight™ and the Diamondhead Premium Flip-Up Front “Auto-Ranger” Combat Sight™, you’ll always have a clear reference for considerably more accurate target acquisition.
5 STARS - Premium July 23, 2010
Reviewer: Jason from Ormond Beach, FL United States
Purchased both the Premium Front Sight and Premium Rear Sight for my new Bushmaster Mod XM15-E2S and the diamond aperature is fantastic and syncs perfectly with my L3EOTech HWS. The craftsmanship and concept of the Diamonhead BUIS is far superior than the factory flip-ups that came on my AR. Support from Diamondhead is excellent.