MAGPUL MAG980 B.A.D. Lever™ – Battery Assist Device
Many new receivers are adding a milled out area for this device. It's superior in ergonomics to other Tactical Latches for Bolt Release and has quickly become a MUST HAVE!!
Developed from the operational experience of the Magpul DynamicsSM team, the B.A.D. Lever (Battery Assist Device) is designed to considerably improve the speed and efficiency of the AR15/M16 bolt catch. The B.A.D. Lever quickly addresses reloading and malfunction clearance shortcomings of AR15/M16 platforms by extending a paddle to the right side of the weapon, allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger.
Made from milspec-anodized aluminum, the B.A.D. Lever attaches to the standard AR15/M16 bolt release without permanent modification to the weapon. Functional for both left and right-handed shooters, the B.A.D. Lever also allows traditional bolt catch manipulation according to the AR15/M16 manual of arms. All mounting hardware included.
Made in U.S.A.
B.A.D. Lever™ Battery Assist Device Technical Resources:
- Compatible with standard mil-spec forged AR15/M16 receivers
- Thin, anti-snag profile and textured surface still allows for traditional manipulation of the bolt catch while maintaining unobstructed access to the trigger
- Easy attachment to the existing bolt catch paddle via one screw
- Machined from durable billet 6061-T6 aluminum
- Finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing with manganese phosphate on the screw per MIL-DTL-16232G
- Torx® mounting screw with Nyloc® Blue patch prevents back out under recoil (Torx wrench included)