MI DPMS .308/7.62 NATO SS-Series One Piece Free Float Handguard
Select 12 or 15 Inch Rifle Length at Bottom
Midwest Industries slim line modular free float forearm for your DPMS pattern 308 rifle. I am now stocking both DL low (post 2009) and DH high (pre 2009) profiles. Aero Precision M5 uppers are DPMS High Profile pattern.
How to tell what type of DPMS LR-308 receiver you have:
August 2009 changed the height of the top rail on the LR308 upper receiver. To properly match your receiver height, measure the distance from the barrel's centerline to the top of the receiver rail.
PRE August 2009 model is 1.313"
IMPORTANT: DPMS, BUSHMASTER & REMINGTON have two different height upper receivers. Please download PDF to determine which receiver you have before purchasing: 308 COMPARISON (Right Click to “save as”)
The new “Low Profile” upper receiver has a 1/8″ wide top portion where the charging handle is installed.
The older “High Profile” upper receiver has a 3/16″ wide top portion where the charging handle is installed.
- Super slim 1.75" outside diameter
- Lightweight 12.4 ounces with steel barrel nut (included) in 12" model
- Modular design - three 2.5" rail sections - one rail includes an anti rotations QD socket
- Milspec 1913 top rail with laser etched and painted T marks for accessory location
- 6061 Aluminum, hard coat anodized for lifetime of service
- Fully dehorned for non-abrasive comfortable feel
- Bipod stud and Barrel Nut Wrench Included - Minor gunsmithing required
- Made in USA with Lifetime Warranty
MI-308SS12-DL is 12"
MI-308SS15-DL is 15"