VLTOR MUR: Modular Upper Receiver MUR-1A with Bolt Assist AR15 AR-15
The Modular Upper Receiver (MUR) is a rigid MilSpec flat-top upper receiver made to fit all AR15/M16/M4 rifles and carbines. The MUR was developed to give the customer a MilSpec correct upper receiver with a thicker wall, making the MUR upper receiver a stronger platform. This more rigid upper receiver will increase accuracy and reliability, while extending the life of the interfacing components, such as the bolt carrier group and barrel assembly.
The MUR is made from a 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum forging. Prior to machining, the forging is fully stress relieved, heat treated, aged twice and undergoes a proprietary cryogenic treatment. The MUR is precision machined and each part finished by hand. There is not a better upper receiver available.
The main benefit of the MUR is that it is dimensionally correct. Vltor ensures the reliability and accuracy of our production process by using precision machining equipment, thorough quality control inspections, and a 100% final check of all critical dimensions. When you own a Vltor MUR, you have the highest quality upper receiver available on the market today.
All MURs feature a MilStd-1913 scope mounting rail and come equipped with an Ejection-Port, Dust Cover Door.
- 7075 aircraft-grade aluminum forging. Prior to machining, the forging is fully stress relieved; heat treated, aged twice and undergoes a proprietary cryogenic treatment.
- Fits all AR-type lower receivers made to Milspec standards. Will fit all select-fire AR-15/M16/M4 rifles and carbines. Will fit most of the semi-auto AR-type lower receivers (currently available).
- MUR-1A (with assist) weighs less than 10 oz. The MUR-1S (shell deflector only) weighs less than 8 oz.
- Height of rail (from the centerline of the bore): 1.215”.
- Black matte (anti-reflection/glare) Hard coat anodized (Type-III, Class 2). Bore’s surface in coated with dry film lube, over the anodized surface.
- Improved strength over conventional forged “flat-top” upper receivers. Stronger than any “billet” upper receiver with similar material and dimensional characteristics. Tighter manufacturing tolerances, when compared to the competition.
Posted by John on 7th Oct 2010
Matched perfectly with my noveske lower! Couldn't ask for better fit, finish, and Quality.Perfect match for my MK12 MOD0.
I would recommend it to everyone and will be purchasing another!
Posted by Walter on 22nd Sep 2010
JUst like Darth Vader once said: "Impressive. Very Impressive!"
It's a great match to my 6.8 SPC barrel and JD lower.
Perfect, form, fit, and function.
MUR worth the wait! *****
Posted by Davd Jacks on 1st Jul 2010
One of the best uppers, if not the best upper out there in relation to strength,fit,finish,and it mates up perfectly to my Daniel Defense lower.